Today, i had baked about 200+ Kuih Mor. These cookies are very simple and easy compare to the Pineapple Tarts yesterday. The dough was easy to handle and though there's a lot of ghee in it, it does not ooze oil at all. hehe
Ok, some people may not know what kuih mor is, it's actually a sort of cookie made using ghee and later coated with icing sugar. The texture are melt in the mouth and taste really good. It's something i have to bake every year.
Recipe for my Kui Mor:-
1 kg Plain Flour
1 tin of Ghee (the 450+ gm one)
1 egg yolk
Nespray milk powder (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degree celcius
2. Fried the Flour in a medium heat in a wok. After that, let it cool.
3. Add all the above together and knead for a while. Make sure they are all mix.
4. Roll them into small ball and place them into the oven tray.
5. Bake for about 25 mins.
6. Sifted icing sugar and milk powder in a wide plates. Ratio can be 1:1 or 2 tbsp of icing sugar to 1 tbsp of milk powder. Up to your preference, really.
6. After cookies are done, let it cool for a minute or two and then lightly pick them up from the tray while it's still warm & roll them into the icing sugar.
7. Cool completely before storing them into an air tight container.
Makes about 200
I had made four small containers. Gave away three and left one container at home.
**note: milk powder is optional, it can be omitted as well.
After finished baking this at about 4 p.m., i went & made kek batik. The kek batik is sitting in the freezer now. Hehe