Saturday, August 28, 2010
Egg Tarts~~ Weee~
Found this recipe from Ching and Mikko
Definitely a keeper! *thumbs up
This recipes yields around 21 - 22 tarts (standard size)
Ingredients for fillings:
140 g sugar (i used 120g which is ideal for my family cause they don't like sweet)
80g evaporated milk
1. Boil the water and stir in the sugar until melted
2. Let cool for about 5 minutes or so then add in beaten eggs and evaporated milk
3. Sieve the mixture for 3 times.
4. Set aside
Ingredients for dough:-
300g plain flour
8g custard powder
8g milk powder
1. Melt butter in double boiler. Let it cool for a while
2. Mix flour, custard powder, milk powder and sugar together in a bowl until combined
3. Add in beaten eggs and melted butter. Mix until just combined only (with a spoon)
* Do not overmix them
4. Divide dough into balls of 26g each
5. Press dough into tart moulds
6. fill the moulds with egg fillings
7. Bake in preheated oven of 160 degree celcius for about 20 mins or till egg custards are cooked.
8. Let the tarts cool for a while, turn over the tart and lightly knock them out of the mould.
1. Baked tarts in lower tray to avoid overbaking the egg custards
2. If the egg custards started to puff up, open the oven door a few inches because the temperature may be a bit too high.