First time trying out this type of recipe, i.e preparing the dough in advance, freeze them and chopped them into pieces.
I especially love using this recipe because I do not need to take out my cake mixer. Ya, I know I am lazy =b always looking for the easiest recipe. My only problem was that I really fail big times in my cutting skill. I was having a little problem cutting through those thick chocolate chunks in the dough and some squares just didn't... make it =A= Look at the picture above, they look so out of shape *orz
The texture of the cookies taste shortbread-ish and again, I really really love the taste of those big chocolate pieces melting in my mouth after I took a bite. It was so addictive I alone finished a whole container. When i was chopping them, I kept thinking, "I am never gonna use chocolate chunks again" But then, I definitely will, especially after I got a taste of them.
I remember waking up at 6 a.m. on a Saturday to bake this. Brought some to the office and was really glad they like it. There I go being long winded again, I am sure you are anxious to check out the recipe.
I came across this recipe in a chinese forum.
Please refer to the link above for a step by step picture instructions =D
120g butter (room temperature)
60g icing sugar
1/8 tsp salt
30g egg (about half an egg)
1/8 tsp vanilla
180g flour, sieved
45g chocolate (chopped into pieces) or any other chocolate
1. Use a spatula and and beat the room temperature butter until its soft.
2. Add icing sugar and salt and mixed into the butter until well incorporated.
3. Add egg and mixed well. Then add the vanilla
4. Fold in sieved flour and after that threw in the chocolate chunks!
5. Rolled the dough into rectangle log and wrapped them in cling film. Then into the freezer these log go!~ (I freeze overnight)
6. When it's time to bake, preheat the oven with 180 degree celcius.
7. Took the dough out, brush the surface of the dough lightly with water then rolled them in plate of sugar. This step is optional. I personally like the crunchy texture though.
8. Cut the dough into about 6mm in thickness
9. Bake for about 15 mins
*doubling the recipe made 2 small containers