Made about 1 cup
1 cup coconut milk (i used Ayam Brand can la)
1 cup sugar (had reduce to 3/4 cup and it tastes fine)
1 cup eggs (i used 3 large eggs)
3 - 15 pandan leaves (washed and tied in a knot)
1. Beat the eggs lightly in a bowl.
2. Pour coconut milk, sugar and eggs into a bowl and throw in pandan leaves.
3. Let the bowl stand over a pot of boiling water and over a medium heat, cook it.
4. Mixture will appears lumpy but do not worry, let it simmer for 2 hours, stirring every 15 mins or so.
5. Turn off the heat , let it cool for a while and pour the lumpy mixture into a blender and blend till smooth.
Easiest thing i ever done. You could also blend some pandan leaves and strain some juice to add to the kaya while cooking if you want your kaya to be greener.
I had actually used 3 pandan leaves to cook and in addition, i had add a couple of tablespoon of pandan juices. I like my kaya to have pandan smell. =p
I had reduce the sugar cause my parents don't like sweet. So 3/4 cup of sugar is actually ok for me but they still think it's sweet. really. 老人家难伺候啊！！