Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Happy Mother's day to all the mothers who visit my blog~

Some of us celebrated Mother's day every year to show our love and appreciation to our moms for doing a great job bringing us up. This is the day when we thanks and give something in return to our beloved mother.

A little something about Mother's Day's history , taken from the Wiki.

People in different countries celebrate Mother's Day on different days of the year because the day has a number of different origins. One school of thought claims this day emerged from a custom of mother worship in ancient Greece. Mother worship — which kept a festival to Cybele, a great mother of gods and the wife of Cronus; was held around the Vernal EquinoxAsia Minor and eventually in Rome itself from the Ides of March (March 15 to March 18). The Romans also had another holiday, Matronalia, that was dedicated to Juno, though mothers were usually given gifts on this day. around

In the United States, Mother's Day was copied from England by social activist Julia Ward Howe after the American Civil War. Howe wrote the Mother's Day Proclamation. In the UK, the day now simply celebrates motherhood and thanking mothers. According to the National Restaurant Association, Mother's Day is now the most popular day of the year to dine out at a restaurant in the United States.

We normally celebrated Mother's day by taking my mom out for a nice dinner plus later on give an ang pow (red packet). Last year was a Hi-tea special buffet at Season. This year, i want to do something different so we went to Royal Brunei Airport Restaurant ("RBAR"). Although my brother actually choose Sheraton and i choose Empire.

My parents prefer RBAR because they think it's more quiet. Me and my brother were just aiming for the desserts anyway.

The price for the brunch buffet at RBAR is $25 per pax and carnation and pralines for the mothers. My brother was joking on how funny it would be if they also gave me a carnation O.o

It wasn't easy trying to get a table at RBAR. It was a popular restaurant after all. I called the Restaurant on Friday morning before 9 a.m. and was shocked to find that it was all fully booked. I called back a few times and complaint a little saying how the advertisement for the promotion was only advertised on Friday. So finally they gave us a table. We were happy. They told us to go there earlier to avoid lost of seats. We did not mind going earlier though.

However, when we arrived there at about 11 a.m. , we were told that the Function room was full and they can only arrange for our table outside the function room. I was not very happy about this because we were not being informed that we would be outcast. I firmly told her that my parents would feel uneasy sitting outside. So she went inside, find a spot and place a table with 4 person. =x

It was a nice seat also. Close to the buffet table =p Not too awkward or blocking anyone, but just okay.

I personally think the food is still okay but my brother, being his usual picky self said he expected more from the Restaurant. My mother thinks the desserts are not that good.

I did not bring my camera so i wasn't able to take pictures of the food except using my brother's phone to snap a few pics.

Overall, i am glad that my parents are quite satisfied. I am now feeling ultimately blotted having feasting too much on cakes and desserts and bread puddings.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...