Monday, May 28, 2007

Nonya Kaya

Haven't make anything edible for a long time and i felt this familiar satisfaction and happiness that i haven't felt for a long time when i finish making this kaya. =')

I was really inspired by thelazychef 's kaya when i stumbled upon her recipe quite a while ago while i was still on my hardcore diet. Vow to make this kaya one day after my diet. I finally bring myself to make it yesterday. The recipe was easy and i thought i could not make any mistake with this! The writer had used breadmaker for her kaya making so i was worry for a while when i don't have a breadmaker. I had use the double boiler method and cook at the stove for 2 hours.


Made about 1 cup

Ingredients:
1 cup coconut milk (i used Ayam Brand can la)
1 cup sugar (had reduce to 3/4 cup and it tastes fine)
1 cup eggs (i used 3 large eggs)
3 - 15 pandan leaves (washed and tied in a knot)

Method:
1. Beat the eggs lightly in a bowl.
2. Pour coconut milk, sugar and eggs into a bowl and throw in pandan leaves.
3. Let the bowl stand over a pot of boiling water and over a medium heat, cook it.
4. Mixture will appears lumpy but do not worry, let it simmer for 2 hours, stirring every 15 mins or so.
5. Turn off the heat , let it cool for a while and pour the lumpy mixture into a blender and blend till smooth.

Easiest thing i ever done. You could also blend some pandan leaves and strain some juice to add to the kaya while cooking if you want your kaya to be greener.

I had actually used 3 pandan leaves to cook and in addition, i had add a couple of tablespoon of pandan juices. I like my kaya to have pandan smell. =p

I had reduce the sugar cause my parents don't like sweet. So 3/4 cup of sugar is actually ok for me but they still think it's sweet. really. 老人家难伺候啊!!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...