Thursday, October 02, 2008
Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
I too kan cheong took out the cake from the refrigerator too soon. It was still soft so i put it back into the fridge again. lol
Recipe from Family Circle's Cheesecakes Pavlovas & Trifles
125g plain chocolate biscuits
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp gelatine
375g cream cheese
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup caster sugar
60g white chocolate (melted)
60g milk chocolate (melted)
60g dark chocolate (melted)
1 cup cream (whipped)
1. Line base of a 20cm round springform cake tin with foil. Brush sides with oil. Place biscuits in food processor bowl & process for 30 seconds or finely crushed. Transfer crumbs to medium bowl, add cinnamon & butter. mix until well combined. Press into base of prepared tin. Refrigerate for 20 mins or until firm
2. Place water in a small heatproof bowl. Sprinkle gelatine over water. Stand in boiling water & stir until dissolved, cool slightly.
3. Beat cream cheese till soften with electric beater. Add milk & sugar & beat till combined. Divide mixture in 3 portions.
Fold white chocolate into 1/3, milk chocolate into another 1/3 & dark chocolate into remaining 1/3.
Fold 1/3 of the gelatine into each portion. Gently fold 1/3 of the whipped cream into each portion of the cheese mixture.
4. Spread white chocolate mixture over prepared biscuit base. Cover carefully with milk chocolate mixture, followed by dark chocolate mixture. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set.
5. Decorate the top with whipped cream or whatever you like.
*3 hours is definitely not enough. Mine had been more than 4 hours already and its still 80% set only =/