Recipe is as below (copy from Ms Browneyedbaker -please do visit her lovely site)
Makes 12 muffins
¾ stick (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1¼ cups buttermilk
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Center a rack in the oven and preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Butter or spray the 12 molds in a regular-size muffin pan or fit with paper muffin cups. Place the muffin pan on a baking sheet.
2. Melt the butter and half the chopped chocolate together in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Remove from the heat.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk the buttermilk, egg and vanilla extract together until well combined. Pour the liquid ingredients and the melted butter and chocolate over the dry ingredients and, with the whisk or a rubber spatula, gently but quickly stir to blend. Do not overmix the batter. Stir in the remaining chopped chocolate. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups.4. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until a thin knife inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean. Transfer the pan to a rack and cool for 5 minutes before carefully removing each muffin from its mold.
Mixed dry ingredients together
Whisk the wet ingredients
Pour the wet ingredients + melted butter + melted chocolate into the big bowl of dry ingredients
1. Her recipe calls for 2/3 cup of sugar. I used 1/2 cup of brown sugar instead. I would advise, don't reduce the sugar!!!
2. I think adding some chocolate chips would make the muffins even more heavenly!!
3. I use 190 degrees C.
4. I do not have buttermilk so i used 1 tbsp of white vinegar plus milk to make a cup. Let is stand for about 5 to 10 mins before using.