Saturday, March 24, 2012

Red Velvet Cupcakes

I am a lazy person. I baked a lot and yet, I feel lazy to write on my blog. Haha! I had been baking chicken pies every week for almost a month now. Feels great to finally do something different for this weekend.

I made red velvet cupcake last night, as requested by a colleague of mine. There seems to be a shortage of red food coloring at the store so I bought cherry red instead. My friend was telling me it should be the same. Well, as it turned out, cherry red colour was darker but it was nice as well.

Red Velvet cakes are pretty but to be honest, I am still not that comfortable at the idea of using food coloring. But my friend pointed out that the chocolate or snacks or candies I consume also has color in them. However, that doesn't make me feel better.

Pushing aside the fact that the cake is red in colour, the sponge is nice. I reduced the sugar to 90g cause I knew the frosting will surely be sweet. Of course, the cream cheese frosting is heavenly and I felt that the sweetness topping pair well with the not-too-sweet cake.

My colleague find the sweetness just right.

I had misplace my piping bag and my newly bought piping nozzle so I had to made do with my old plastic one. *sigh*. Need a lot of practice in piping.

Recipes from Michelle (browneyedbaker)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...