Recipes from Florence
The below recipes are copy word for word from Florence's blog. For a more detail explanation with pictures, please visit her blog.
Ingredients: (16 pieces @ 9cm in diameter)
210g plain flour
1/4 tsp salt
95ml warm water
25g lightly beaten egg
1 tbsp or 14g margarine
100g plain flour
60g - 70g margarine
120g chicken thigh meat(cubed)
3 medium potatoes (cooked and cubed)
1 onion (cubed)
2 tbsp garam masala
1 tbsp chicken curry powder
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat up some oil in the wok, stir fry the onions for a while, add in the diced chicken meat, diced potatoes and the rest of the seasonings. Stir fry till chicken is cooked. Leave aside to cool for use later.
2. Mix all ingredients for the water dough in a mixing bowl and knead till you have a soft and pliable dough. Leave aside to rest for 30 minutes.
3. After the water dough is rested for 30 minutes, mix everything for the oil dough till you get a workable dough.
4. Divide water dough into 2 pieces about 175g each. Divide oil dough into 2 pieces about 78g each. Work on one piece of water dough and one piece of oil dough. Keep the other pieces in a bag to retain moisture.
5. Wrap oil dough in water dough.
6. With sealed edges facing upwards, roll this into a flat long sheet.
7. Roll it up swiss-roll style.
8. Turn the dough 90 degrees and roll it into a thin rectangular flat sheet. Roll it up tightly in swiss-roll style again. Trim away the left and right edges to tidy it up.
9. Divide into 8 pieces and you will get this.
10. Flatten each piece into a round disc and wrap in the filling.
11. Fry the puff in medium heat and when they are about to be cooked, turn up the heat to force the oil out of the puff. Drained well and serve.
12. For the remaining dough, repeat steps (5) to (11).
And if you want to learn how to fold the curry puff like that, please visit this video at youtube. It's very easy. only took me 5 mins to learn = ]
Thanks Florence for sharing this nice recipe~