This recipe is an all cocoa brownies adapted from Brooke's Best Bombshell Brownies from allrecipes.
The original recipes makes a 9 x 13 inches size. I usually half the recipe to make an 8 x 8 inches but i found it to be a little thinner that what I had in mind. So i used a 9 inches instead with yield a fair thickness of brownies. I also use Cacao Barry's Extra Brute cocoa powder. My family prefer the taste from Extra Brute compare to Hershey's unsweetened cocoa powder.
To make a 9 inches square, you will need the below ingredients.
225g melted butter
1 tbsp vanilla
190g all purpose flour - sift
85g unsweetened cocoa powder - sift
1 tsp salt
170g semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees C. Grease or line a 9 inches square baking tin.
2. Combined melted butter, sugar and vanilla.
3. Add eggs one by one and stir until combined
4. Fold in sifted flour, cocoa powder, salt and chocolate chips.
5. Pour into baking dish and baked for about 30 - 40 mins.
6. The brownies are done when a cake tester/toothpick comes out with a bit of crumbs stick on it.
7. Cool completely before cutting in.