It was my friend's Sin Cheah's birthday on 9 September. She is a green tea lover so I decided to make something related to green tea for her. I was having a fever just days before her birthday, hence, I can only do something easy.
Using my previous new york cheese cake recipe. I halves the recipe and made a 6 inches cake. Turned out quite all right. The birthday girl likes it but thinks could do more with the matcha flavour.
Ingredients required for biscuit base:-
100g digestive biscuits (yield thick base)
50g butter, melted
250g cream cheese, softened
20g butter, softened
140g sour cream
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp matcha powder
1 egg, beaten
Place biscuits in ziplock bag and roll with rolling pin. Mix the
crumbles biscuits with melted butter and the line the prepared
springform tin evenly, pressing down. Refrigerate them while preparing
the cheesecake fillings
2. Beat room temperature cream cheese together with butter until smooth and no lumps on medium speed.
3. Add sugar and beat till combined.
4. Beat in sour cream, yoghurt, vanilla and matcha powder till incorporated.
5. Lastly, beat in egg until combined.
6. Pour fillings into prepared tins. Cover the base of the tins with 2 layers of aluminum foil to avoid water going in.
7. Bake cheesecake in water bath for about 50 minutes. The cake is done when the middle still jiggles.
8. Allow to cool after baked and chill in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours.