Friday, September 16, 2016
Easy Snowskin Mooncake
Mid-Autumn festival was yesterday and last week, i made some snowskin mooncake for gift and for the family.This recipe is from Jacyln san and is really easy to handle but probably only lasted 4 days in the fridge. The skin still stays soft on the second and third day. By the fourth day, it is a bit hard and not really nice to eat anymore.
Yield 8 mini mooncakes (50g size)
You will need the below ingredients:-
130 g Hongkong Gao Fun (cooked glutinous flour)
80g icing sugar (i used 70g)
135 - 150g of cold water (please adjust accordingly)
coloring (own preference)
Paste of your preference. I used store bought low sugar durian lotus paste and white lotus paste.
1. Sift flour and icing sugar together
2. Rub shortening into the above dry ingredients.
3. Add cold water gradually and knead until a soft dough is form
4. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and rest in the fridge for half an hour
5. Prepare the paste fillings in 30g and roll them into balls.
6. After half and hour, divide the dough into 8 pieces, about 20 -22g each.
7. Wrap the paste into the dough and used your desire mooncake mould (i used the mooncake plunger type)