Heres my 2nd dish of the day
i havent made this dish for years. i think the last time i made it was on my 22nd bday? anyway, my bro oredi got tired of this dish liau la.. said tat he eat till sien...
Macaroni & Cheese
Recipe obtained from "Pasta & Pizza for Beginners" by Fiona Watt
1. 175 g or 200 g of fresh macaroni
1. 50g margarine/butter
2. 50g plain flour
3. 600 ml milk
1 tsp of mustard paste
salt n pepper
For the topping
25g Cheddar Cheese (grated)
Heat oven to 180 degree C, 350 degree F, Gas Mark 4
1. Turn on your ovem. Weigh the macaroni. Read the instruction on its packet and cook it for the time it says. Drain it.
2. To make the sauce. melt the margarine or butter in a pan over a low heat. Stir in the flour and cook it for 1 min.
3. Take your pan off the heat and add a little milk. Stir it really well. Carry on stirring in the rest of the milk, a little at a time.
4. Retun your pan to the heat and start to bring it to boil, stirring all the time. The sauce will stick if you don't stir it.
5. The sauce will being to thicken. Let the sauce bubble for a min then turn off the heat. Stir in the mustard and cheese.
6. Pour the sauce over the cooked macaroni. Stir it well so that the sauce coats all of the pieces of macaroni.
7. Dip a paper towel into some margarine and rub it inside an ovenproof dish to grease it. Pour in the cheesy macaroni.
8. Sprinkle grated cheese on top. Put the dish into the over for about 25 mins or until the top is golden brown.
Actually, i baked for more than 30 mins lo n using cake tin.. hehe
you can add meats or anything u like. cos dis is just plain cheesy n meatless
i usually add in a tin of tuna =P