Sunday, April 01, 2007

Double Chocolate Fudge Brownies

Yay, more brownies. To be frank, i never really think the brownies i tried before was satisfying, hence i am still on the hunt for the perfect brownies. Today, i tried this recipe by Agnes Chang - I Can bake

Unfortunately, my oven went haywire today and did not work properly. 10 mins toward baking my dear brownies, it stop working and probably work again after about half an hour. I can only watched helplessly at my poor brownies rise a little, drop back down again and the left side suddenly shot up like a volcano leaving the other side remaining flat.....

stupid oven... perhaps i should get a new one already?!

The look of my brownies are not so good, however, the taste are still chocolatey and i hope this is what it originally taste like. This brownies is better than my first brownies but i think could be even better though.


Ingredients:-
250g cooking chocolate (broke into pieces)
150g butter
180g soft brown sugar <<< better reduce this to 120g
3 eggs, lightly beaten with
1 tsp vanilla essence 120g plain flour, sifted
120g white chocolate, cut into chunks
120g toasted cashewnut, coarsely chopped
4 tbsp icing sugar, for dusting

Method:-
1. Melt dark chocolate & butter using a double boiler or whatever method you prefer.
2. Stir in brown sugar and add eggs & flour. Mix well until just combined.
3. Fold in white chocolate chunks & cashewnuts.
4. Pour mixture into a 11 in x 7 in square pan & bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degree celsius for about 30 mins.
5. Cool completely in pan, cut into pieces & dust with icing sugar.

Something happened funny to me while i was melting my chocolate. I used one pack of dark chocolate & halfway melting them, i realised i never check the weight. i went to the discard package & realised it's 200g!!!

Where am i going to get another 50g extra chocolate at this stage now?! So, i used my left over white chocolate & threw them into my "about 90% done melting chocolate" -_-" i reduced the brown sugar to 150g & the brownies still turn out to be too sweet. It's advisable to reduce more.

On a side note, according to my research at whatscookingamerica.net, the write stated that:


Hence, novice brownies maker, do take note hor!! For Experts, i would be grateful if you could leave an advise or two on making the perfect brownies XD


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...